Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Breezin' Thru Beaumont 5k

So, a little over a month ago, I decided that I wanted to run in a 5k.  My overly excited and competitive hubby signed him and I up along with 45-50 of his middle school students.  This weekend crept up on me quickly, and I didn't get as many practice runs in as I had hoped! :) The race was this Saturday, and thanks to some sweet tunes on my ipod and some good ol' adrenaline... I finished! And I even knocked about 9 min. off of my practice run! :) Nick and Justus were one of the top ten finishers and, in my book, were #1 for "the best looking men" out there! I had a blast, and I'm so glad I did it! I was also blessed to run with some of my best friends...which made it all the more fun! 

Thank you Tom and Leslie for all the pics!













1 comment:

  1. I am SO impressed. Way to be such an inspiration to all us post-pregnancy mommies trying to get in shape!

    ReplyDelete