Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Craft Time!

So, back in January I was really excited to start doing crafts with Justus. I went out and bought...paint, chalk, pipe cleaners, beads...  My first craft, idea from Leslie DeYoung, was finger painting in a bag. Justus was not so much into it. He was more interested in ripping the bag and tape off the floor. Then when I put it on the window for him to look at and play with later, he just wanted to rip it down. Ouch! :( Then we tried sidewalk chalk...another fail...he just wanted to eat or throw the chalk! I then tried the pipe cleaners and a strainer (idea from pinterest) That was ok...he liked it for a few seconds. :) My favorite, (another pinterest idea) was to get a water bottle, and fill it with little objects: paperclips, beads, rocks, ribbon, ect. Fill with water and glue on the lid! It was so easy and Justus loved it! The only hard part was getting everything ready with Justus around. Next time, I will already have all the items laid out for him.

Craft Success #1


Ok, I helped a little bit! :)
Craft Success #2


Ignore My Filthy Table 




He Got Pretty Frustrated at The End When This Big Blue Pom Pom Wouldn't Fit!
Sorry Buddy, My Bad! :(

All Finished! 
And He Still Gets It Out and Shakes It Every Now and Then

No comments:

Post a Comment