Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And finally...the Birthday Party! YO! HO! YO! HO!

When planning a 1year old "Pirate Party," I discovered most everything I found was kind of lame, kiddy, and cheesy, all of which my husband and I do not "do." ;) So here is my best attempt of a "Non-Cheesy, Pirate Party"...enjoy!


Vintage drink crates, and glass bottles of Root Beer gave off a "Pirate" vibe

Nick said the straws were not tough and not Pirate, but the kiddos and women liked them :)

Waters for the kids...wrapped in scrapbook paper  

This table was located on my tile...just incase we had some spillage!!! :)

Center Pieces 
(Ball Jars filled partway with sand, wrapped in strands of burlap & ribbon, with pictures and ship cut outs on wooden dowels) 

Treasure chest filled with "Pirate Booty" or favors for the kids

"Pirate Booty"

Cupcakes...so much easier than cutting a cake!!!

Popcorn Bar

Bags for the Popcorn

Table decor

Burlap covered tables, Lanterns, and some balloons for height! :)


Brownie Bites...or Cannon Ball Bites! YUM!!!

POPCORN!!!!



a serenade by Grandpa


Birthday Boy!


2 Grandpa "Mikes" this could get confusing!!! :)

Having Fun!


Prayer

Prayer

Justus and Uncle Aaron


Kids making "spy glasses" for their treasure hunt

Treasure Hunt in my HUGE backyard! HaHa!

Pirate Eden

Justus and Great Grandpa Kenan

Best little buddy..."Elliott"


Grib Side

Goltry Side


GiGi

So lame! Forgot a candle...Who does that? :) 
Justus got a whole wheat corn bread muffin...made with everything organic (even the eggs came from the "Goltry Farm!" And NO sugar! HE LOVED IT!!!!! Devoured it!



Sweet Gami and Justus

"Pin the treasure chest on the map"

Yes...I made this map...don't laugh! I'm no artist!




Happy Birthday Justus Michael! 
Hope you liked your party! Haha...you'll never remember, but we will! :)

Thank you everyone who came to celebrate, and thank you to all of you who helped! 
Special Thanks to Diane Loveless Photography...Thank you for all you do, your hard work, and capturing this special day! You are AMAZING!!!

2 comments:

  1. His party was rockin!!! Awesome job. And I love how you went for the non-cheesey, classy factor. I'm soooo right there with you on that. (i.e. for my baby shower, my only request to the hosts was "please! no cartoon themes!") I'm glad you wrote about what his birthday treat was too, because I was totally going to ask! Great idea! Did you use any kind of sweetner at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, Amber! Can I pay you to throw my kid's parties someday?! Seriously...you are one talented woman. That's my kind of kid party!

    ReplyDelete